Saturday, June 15, 2013

.. It takes a real man to be a Dad.


There’s this thing about Dads, unlike Moms they don’t need to be told they are loved all the time, they’re mature and understand that as we grow up, things change and even though we don’t say it directly somewhere in our little anger about not getting the thing we wanted lies the understanding that there must be a reason for it.
It is specifically this character of less demand and more love; I incredibly love my dad but just fail to express it. But then there are people like me everywhere who probably can walk up to a total stranger and say a thousand words but are incapable of saying two words of love to the closest person on this planet.  But the best thing is my dad understands, he does not have to be told of my love in spoken words, he just understands. Sometimes I do wish I was more capable of portraying my affection just like him. I wish I could. With Mom things are a little different. She needs to be reminded and even though with her too I’m incapable of expressing in spoken words I always find a way, a card or some flowers does it.  It’s just that sometimes you love some people so deeply that it becomes kind of impossible to walk up to them and say it, you just want that person to feel it, like you do.


People often ask this dumb question to kids about who they love more their Mother or Father, it’s like asking a person which one he prefers his left leg or right? But I remember being asked that question, and I specifically remember it because whenever I was asked to make a hierarchal love chat, my chat would start with my Uncle followed by my grandparents and then mom and in the end my dad. I don’t know why I used to tell him I love him least, not that I meant what I said, during those days it was funny. I will never know why I used to say what I said, but growing up along his side, all these years, I’ve realized what he means to me.  Right now if somebody asks me what I regret in life I would say I regret not saying ‘I love you most, dad’ when I could’ve said it, because now it’s almost impossible, if not late.
But you know the best thing? Some days all three of us, me, mum and dad lie next to each other and laugh at some stupid joke, it’s then that  I can see and feel and am sure so do they, how much I love him and how much he loves me and mom. And given a chance I would never ever replace my dad with anyone in the world. Certain things just never change in our life span and I believe a Father-Daughter relationship is one of those things. Therefore no wonder they say, ‘A father is a daughter’s first love.’  And as we all know no one ever gets over their first love. :’)

Happy Fathers’ Day. You are loved
.
Always your little princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment